SIM cards are essential for any smartphone, and many people find it hard to keep track of which ones are left in the device and which ones are used. If you want to migrate your physical SIM card to an eSIM, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
eSIM is one of the most unique mobile technologies that give an immense advantage to mobile phone users. Let’s get acknowledge the concept of eSIM, the migration process of eSIM, the cost of having eSIM, and the benefits of eSIM.
What is eSIM?
ESIM stands for “electronic SIM card.” SIM cards are used to provide telephone service and are inserted into phones to provide the intended service. ESIM cards are unlike regular phone cards with a customer number and a limited amount of use. Instead, eSIM cards provide a unique username and password that allow you to access your account on your phone even if it is not connected to the network.
You May Also Like: eSIM Supported Devices in Bangladesh
Migrate your physical SIM card to eSIM
To convert your traditional SIM card into eSIM you can visit the nearest customer center with your eSIM-supported device and fulfill the regular SIM purchase procedure or you can visit Online Shop and convert to eSIM by following the steps:
- Request for eSIM migration
- Complete the biometric verification process
- Turn on the internet connection in your handset
- Scan the QR Code found in the SIM kit
- Follow the step-by-step process based on your handset
How Much Cost Do You Need to Have an eSIM in Bangladesh?
The cost of purchasing an eSIM is not expensive. Now you can get an eSIM only at 200 TK cost. If you want to migrate to eSIM, you’ll require 99TK only. But the migration is totally free for GP STAR users. Make sure that your package and the mobile device are compatible with the eSIM before going to make a purchase.
Also Check: How To Start Using eSIM In Bangladesh
Benefits of GP 3G to 4G eSIM Migration:
- You will get FREE 5GB (4G) internet, the validity of 7 days.
- To get this offer dial *121*3087# within 30 days of eSIM Migration.
- You will get this offer only once.
- This offer will be valid for any Active 3G SIM to 4G eSIM Migration.
- This 4G Data can only be used if the customer has a 4G SIM/eSIM, a 4G Enabled Handset, and is in a 4G Coverage Area.
I am just sharing the process of migrating your physical SIM card to eSIM. If you have faced any problems migrating your physical SIM card to eSIM or any suggestions regarding migrating your physical SIM card to eSIM just leave them below in the comment section.